Sam Sam Sam Sam Sam

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

What I'm Thinking About: September 20th


Quote of My Day...
"Don't tell your kids you had an easy birth or they won't respect you. For years I used to wake up my daughter and say, 'Melissa you ripped me to shreds. Now go back to sleep." Joan Rivers

What I'm Thinking About Today
To be truthful, I'm not thinking about much today. Usually I read something in the paper or experience something that gets me thinking. Today that just didn't happen. It has been an ordinary kind of day. Days like that are great. Nothing to think of, including worries or bad things. So I'm thinking about nothing today...

What is Making Me Happy Today
Naps are making me very happy today. Both my boys are taking a nap and as soon as I post this blog I'm going to take one, too! I found these three quotes in my stash (I keep several folders on my computer that contain pages and pages of quotes about just about anything you could think of that relates to life!) and I hope that they will make you as happy as I am about taking a nap:

“There is more refreshment and stimulation in a nap, even of the briefest, than in all the alcohol ever distilled.”--Edward Verrall Lucas

“Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.”--Steven Wright


"Without enough sleep, we all become tall two-year-olds." ~JoJo Jensen, Dirt Farmer Wisdom, 2002

Baby Product I Love Today

Velcro. Yes, I love velcro. Not a baby product, but a product found on many baby items such as shoes. Sam is going through a stage where he cannot stand to have us put on his shoes and socks. Actually, any form of clothing is a battle waiting to happen. When the weather was warmer we could get by with him wearing his crocks (those plastic clogs with holes in them--ugly but cute at the same time), but now that the weather is starting to chill we need socks and real shoes. Trying to put on one sneaker and get it tied is a challenge but two is out of the question with Sam. So I bought this cute pair of shoes at Target that have two velcro straps. Now all I have to do is get the socks on and his feet in the shoe and from there we're basically off and running. At least until he figures out how to undo the velcro straps and start taking off his shoes in odd places like the grocery store....

Baby Product I Hate Today
Once again, not a baby product, but one you must have if you have a baby. That would be batteries. I hate them. I am buying them constantly. They constantly lose their juice and I have to replace them in Sam's toys. Until I was a mother I never realized how many toys require batteries. And I never thought that a screwdriver would be required to change a battery. My husband told me the first time I remarked about needing a screwdriver that this was so the kids couldn't get at the batteries and swallow them. I guess he is right. But a size C or D (the size most toys seem to require) battery going down a child's throat? I find that quite impossible. I think I am going to boycott battery replacement and see if Sam even notices that his garbage truck doesn't beep when it goes backwards or his pretend cell phone doesn't repeat "Mommy's Calling" over and over and over and over...

My iTunes Kids Picks of the Day

  • "We Are Family" by Sister Sledge
  • "Monster Mash" by Bobby "Borris" Pickett
  • "Tequila" by The Champs
  • "Just Can't Get Enough" by Depeche Mode
  • "There Ain't No Bugs on Me" by Jerry Garcia
  • "Yes, We Have No Bananas" by Louis Prima

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Receive e-mail alerts when this blog updates!

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best

Cutting through the Blog Smog
Ask.com