Sam Sam Sam Sam Sam

Sunday, October 01, 2006

What's On My Mind: October 1st

My son, Sam...

Quote of My Day...

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll


My Happiness Today...

In an earlier post I mentioned how doing laundry makes me happy. Well, this week I did laundry every single day. That gets tedious. Really tedious. Especially when you try and fold laundry with a toddler in the room. If you've never tried it, I don't suggest you start. The clean clothes and folded clothes end up all over the place and your child ends up with the laundry basket on his head. Well, today I am free of laundry. Not a dirty item of clothing needing immediate attention. So I am happy that today my washer and dryer won't be seeing me around...


What I'm Thinking About...

Yesterday we made it to the parade. It rained. The parade was late getting started. I didn't dress my kids warmly enough. I got wet. But it was all worth it because Sam got to see his first real fire truck and with the sirens going and the lights flashing. It made all the rain, the cold and the misery worth it. The look on his face when the fire engine drove towards us and then stopped in front of us (I strategically planted us on a corner where the parade would turn so that he would get to see things up close and personal) was totally worth the aggravation of getting two kids in the double stroller and waiting in the rain. If it wasn't raining I would have had my camera going and a picture of the experience posted today.

So this parade experience got me thinking about how many things in life I've missed because of rainy days. Rainy days almost always keep me inside, dry and warm. Same with snowy days. But by staying inside and avoiding discomfort I may be missing out on something fantastic and memorable. My "yes to life" phase is what brought me out in the rain yesterday and forced me to battle the double jog stroller for the first time in public and sit in the rain with my kids to watch a parade. The old me--you know, the one not turning 40 and contemplating life--would have stayed inside and convinced herself that there will be another parade, another firetruck and more marching bands on a sunny day in the future that will entertain my kids. But the new me (who has 26 days left until she is 40) wasn't going to wait for a sunny day and another opportunity for Sam to get up close and personal with a fire truck. So off we went in the rain to the parade. Because I said "yes to life" yesterday. And it felt good. It felt really good.

SAHM Product I LOVE Today...

Despite my statements above about the double jog stroller, I must admit I love it. It is a great stroller. My parents bought it for me. It is the Baby Trend Expedition Double Jog. It is sturdy and easy to steer. Yes, it is big and bulky, but what can you expect with a double job stroller but big and bulky? It had a great cover that pulled out over the boys to keep the better part of them dry. And the seats recline all the way flat so that my infant son can ride in it. It also has two nicely sized baskets underneath the seats so when I go to the farmers market or shopping I've got plenty of room to stash my stuff. I love it...

SAHM Product I Hate Today...

Powder formula. I hate it. I hate that I started using it. But it is cheaper and takes up less room on my kitchen shelves. I hate mixing it. I hate it when I don't mix it enough and there a clumps in the formula. That is what I hate today.

My iTunes Kid Picks of the Day...

  • "Head Over Heels" by Blue Rodeo
  • "Peace Train" by Cat Stevens
  • "Tuesday's Dead" by Cat Stevens
  • "Stolen Moments" by John Hiatt
  • "Guitar Town" by Steve Earl
  • "Fiona" by Lyle Lovett
  • "If I Had a Boat" by Lyle Lovett

Funny Video of the Day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Receive e-mail alerts when this blog updates!

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best

Cutting through the Blog Smog
Ask.com