Sam Sam Sam Sam Sam

Monday, October 09, 2006

Another Day in the Life of a SAHM


My son, Sam...getting ready for Halloween? He's actually going to be a dragon but he loves to play with these fuzzy ears!

Quote of My Day...

Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space lies our freedom and power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom. --Viktor Frankl

My Happiness Today...

My happiness today once again stems from my son, Henry. He is practically snot free. The bugger catcher is not on call full-time anymore. I only have to snag buggers once or twice a day now. So that is making me--and him--very happy!

What's On My Mind...

I haven't blogged for a few days. I guess this is due to several factors:

  • I've been busy...we spent all day Friday in State College and Saturday and Sunday just seemed to fly by way too fast.
  • I'm still constantly thinking about the Amish school house incident and that is probably because I wrote the editiorial (it did get published in case anyone is interested!) and it is on the news all the time. It still really bothers me.
  • My mind has just been fried. Fried to the point of just wanting to lay on the floor and play cars with my son.

So today, I'm not really in the thinking mood. On my mind is simply the day-to-day SAHM kind of things. Like these:

  • What will I make for dinner? Ham loaf. Already out to thaw.
  • What will Sam eat for lunch? Nothing. He doesn't eat anymore.
  • How many loads of laundry can I get done today? I need to at least clean my clothes.
  • Why does my fridge sound like a waterfall? Dear Husband inspected it this morning, turned off the water going from the sink to the ice maker and went to work. I hope I don't have to call the Sears repairman. Last time they told me they'd come "sometime between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m." Worse than the cable guy.
  • Why are their cigar ashes all over my screen in porch floor? Did Sam do this or did Dear Husband do this? I guess I have to clean it up...
  • Kitchen floor is sticky again. I am developing a very close and personal relationship with my mop. Scary...
  • Dear Husband cut the grass and depooped the backyard yesterday. I hope it is warm and sunny so Sam can go out and play.
  • Will both boys nap long enough that I can finish my book (number 11 in the Stephanie Plum series)? I hope so, this one is really good and I'm halfway done with it...
  • Will I have time to take a shower and shave my legs?

So that is what is on my mind today...very intellectual and thought provoking things that I'm sure anyone reading this can relate to in some manner...

Funny Video of the Day: Can Blondes Change Tires?

My iTunes Kid Picks of the Day

  • "Ramblin Man" by the Allman Brothers
  • "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" by the Andrews Sisters
  • "I'd Like to Be" by the Banana Slug String Band
  • "Walk Like an Egpytian" by the Bangles
  • "It's Only a Paper Moon" by Benny Goodman
  • "The Applepicker's Reel" by Bill Staines
  • "Hello Dolly" by Bobby Darrin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Receive e-mail alerts when this blog updates!

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best

Cutting through the Blog Smog
Ask.com