Sam Sam Sam Sam Sam

Friday, January 26, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

My son, Henry...and my latest digital accomplishment as this layout was the "Layout of the Day" at Digiscrapdiva

Quote of My Day
You've got a lot of choices. If getting out of bed in the morning is a chore and you're not smiling on a regular basis, try another choice. ~Steven D. Woodhull

My Happiness Today


It snowed last night. Snowed enough that I can take Sam outside today and let him roll around for the first time in the great white stuff. Last year we hardly got any snow and he was too little to enjoy it. Yesterday there was a little snow on the ground and he had fun touching it so I'm looking forward to getting him outside in the snow today.

On My Mind...

It has been a tough month emotionally, physically and mentally. I just can't seem to get back in gear after the holidays. As my husband gently reminded me last night, by January 25th all the holiday decorations really should be back in storage! Not only is it tough getting over the holidays, it is tough because our schedules have been going out of control and both my kids do better when we stick to our schedule. Eric went out of town twice this month and each time Sam took it hard. The fist time I got to experience the sport of crib diving, with Sam diving out of his crib during a temper tantrum because he wanted to see his Daddy and Daddy was in Boston. For two days he carried his daddy's picture around the house and kept pointing at him (yes, Sam is still not talking) as if he wanted to know where he was. Next, Daddy went to another work conference and Sam boycotted his nap. He almost started a fire with the silk tree in my living room and the lamp right next to it. I had yogurt and applesauce all over my living room as he ran out of the kitchen with his dinner when I turned my back (sly little bugger). Now I have applesauce stains on my living room carpet and Sam's high chair is back in the kitchen, a silk tree in my basement that I like but don't know what to do with as it is a constant battle to keep Sam from picking the leaves off the tree or shredding the artifical grass at the base (and using it to start fires with light bulbs), and the crib is gone. Sam actually slept throught the night in his toddler race car bed. Now the crib is set up in my office, which is small to begin with, and poor Henry has to reside in the land of scrapbooks and computer equipment until we get his room decorated and our room moved upstairs. On top of that, I have my exhibit coming up in February and I still need to frame more than half of the photos that I am displaying. Where does the time go? I want some of it back. I want the peaceful, sleeping child who didn't dive out of his crib. I want the holiday decorations back so I can still be holiday happy. I want my silk tree back in my living room because without it the corner looks empty and the whole look of the room has changed. Not that my living room is up for any decorating awards. It looks more like the 2007 car show exhibit floor than a living room. But anyway, I want back some time. I want back some of the emotion that has slowly been drained out of me this past month as I've dealt with the trauma of a jealous toddler who likes his little brother one minute and hates hime the next and the emotional trauma of my life in general. So when I say I am busy, busy, busy it isn't always good. But as I said earlier, it snowed. I find a sense of peace in that and so today I am going to try and leave behind all the ****and go outside and make snowangels with my son.

I've been taking a lot of photos and scrapping a lot, so I'll end this post with a few of my favorites:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cyndi, I can understand that you want the time back! I often feel like that too (my boys are now 9 and 5). Oh how hard must it be for you, when sam ran through the house with daddys photo...
Hugs & Love
Claudi

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Receive e-mail alerts when this blog updates!

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best

Cutting through the Blog Smog
Ask.com