Sam Sam Sam Sam Sam

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Finally, a post!

Sam, taken last weekend at the park when the weather was incredibly warm for January....

Quote of the Day

"A ruffled mind makes a restless pillow." ~Charlotte Bronte«

My Happiness Today

I had seven hours of sleep last night, which has not happened in a long time. So, hopefully today will be a great day because I'm well rested and not as sleep deprived as I've been lately.




On My Mind...
The holidays are over and my "ruffled mind" is finally starting to clear. Thank God! I have been so busy before, during and after the holidays that I just now have found the time and energy (note: sleep deprivation has been an issue for weeks) to post on my blog. Here is an update on what's been going on here:

1. My house has more cars and trucks than one can imagine now that Santa and lots of grandparents have paid their holiday respects to the boys.














2. Santa brought Sam the GeoTrak system from Fisher Price. On Christmas Eve like dumb parents we attempted to set it up. It did not fit on the train table my sister gave us. So, I now have a GeoTrak system under my dining room table. We won't be eating there for a long time!



3. I have a new dishwasher. Yeah!

4. Sam has reverted to wanting to eat baby food now that he sees his brother eating it. But he wants to feed it to himself. Talk about a mess.......I had to get a new mop.

5. Henry now can use the excersaucer (sp?)! He loves it!












6. I have been selected to be on the Creative Team for several digital scrapbook designers and I've enjoyed making layouts of the boys with free stuff! Here are some layouts I made with the kits from Kellie McDonald:





And here is a holiday layout of Henry that I made for my Guest CT spot with Katie the Scrapbook Lady:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

7. We got to see our family from Florida after the new year. It was great to see Marty and Sherry and their boys--they've gotten so big! Sam was so exhausted from playing with all his cousins he fell asleep in the middle of all the kids playing! I just love this photo I took of Hank and his cousin, Alex:




















8. I finally got to do the "mall walk" with some of the other moms in the MOMS club. It was a lot of fun! I'm not used to functioning that early in the morning and exercising has simply not been done for such a long time, but it felt great to walk the loop of the mall and chat. One loop was almost a mile and I lost track of how many times we went around. Sam got to get out of the stroller and run around, too, which was great because he then took a three hour nap in the afternoon once we got home from the farmers market. So that was something I will definitely do each week, as long as my boys aren't sick.

9. Yesterday I received my state tax number to charge sales tax to people I photograph so I am almost officially in business. I am setting up my own photography/graphic design business, "Wetfish Designs," with the help of my sister. I plan on doing candid photo sessions of children, creating digital scrapbooks, greeting cards and birth announcements. I'm going to start small but hopefully by the time the boys are in kindergarten, which is full day around here, I will be going full speed ahead. So that is something I am excited about...

10. Last, but certainly not least, I am having a gallery showing of my photography with a friend/relative, Jim Richey, at the Kind Cafe here in Selinsgrove. They are going to hang our work on February 4th and the opening will be the following weekend. I'm so excited about showing my work with Jim's. He is such a fantastic photographer and it is an honor to have my work hang with his! If you want to see some of his work, visit his website and you will see why I am so excited! He's been all over the world photographing wildlife, nature, etc. His African photos of the lions and his South Georgia photos of thepenguinss are my favorite...

So that is a rundown of my life since I last posted.....have a great new year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Receive e-mail alerts when this blog updates!

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best

Cutting through the Blog Smog
Ask.com