Sam Sam Sam Sam Sam

Monday, November 27, 2006

Normal?

My sister-in-law Jennifer with Hank this summer..I just love this photo!

Quote of My Day...

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are ... Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in my pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return."
~Mary Jean Iron

My Happiness Today..

It is Monday. Not much happiness to find in that, but I'll try. I guess one thing that is making me happy today is that my dog hasn't pooped on the carpet anywhere in my house in two days. That is an accomplishment since she has been sick for two weeks now and I am sick of cleaning it up. So that is my happiness, gross as it sounds...

On My Mind...

Today's quote says a lot about what I'm thinking about today and most days. Normal days. I don't have many of those any more since I've had kids. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade my kids away for anything, including a normal day that is powered only by my needs and decisions. But some days, like today, I just want to have a normal day. Now, you are probably thinking what does a normal day look like to her? Well, here are some normal things I wish I had in my day today and most days:


  1. Time to shave my legs.
  2. Time to get a shower.
  3. Time to eat three meals a day that are healthy and don't include anything with the word nugget in it.
  4. Time to read and remember what I read the next time I picked up the book or magazine.
  5. Time to cook. Real food. Not frozen food.
  6. Time to go to the movies.
  7. Time to work and feel like I am making a financial contribution to my family, affording us the opportunity to do more and give our kids more.
  8. Time to get along with my husband. No further explanation needed other than to say that two kids in diapers and a sleep-deprived mother and workaholic husband makes for a turbulant marriage at times.
  9. Time to mop my floor. I try everyday to do this but it just doesn't get done. Three cats, two dogs and a toddler that drools all over the floors makes for a nasty looking floor. I need to be normal so I can mop my floors.
  10. Time to just be me. To be alone with my thoughts and find a way to creatively express who I am.

The word "normal" is a pretty heavy word. There is a lot of energy behind it, both good and bad. Perhaps it is good that my life is not normal and I feel like my days are beyond my control. It makes life interesting and filled with unexpected pleasures and experiences, both good and bad. But sometimes, like today, I just want to be normal and have a normal day. I want that normal day to include my kids, of course, but I want a day where things go smoothly and I get all my lists checked off and still have time for me.

Today is not that day. My son took off his poopy diaper and left it in the living room. Thank god the dogs didn't get to it first....

Funny Video of the Day:

I haven't posted a good video in a while, so here is a good one. Granted, I should have posted this one before Thanksgiving, but hey, better late than never...

1 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

Life as proof of chaos theory. When disorder is predictable, it is in itself the norm. So you see, you have a normal life. The "Normal Day" would be a most abnormal day.

PS: You really don't look 40...not even close.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Receive e-mail alerts when this blog updates!

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best

Cutting through the Blog Smog
Ask.com