Sam Sam Sam Sam Sam

Monday, February 05, 2007

Love is Stern

Sam in the tub...


Quote of My Day

"Love is something more stern and splendid than mere kindness."
--C.S. Lewis





My Happiness Today

Yesterday I delivered all the framed photos for my first exhibit to the coffee house where the exhibit is taking place. This morning I took the boys and we got to see everything hanging on the walls. Not only did it feel good to see my photos out there for the world to see (and people were looking!) but Sam was so funny walking from picture to picture of himself with this huge, confident and unfortunately vain smile on his face! So all of this together made me happy...

On My Mind

Parenting. This is what is on my mind as it is just about every second of every day. Sam is officially in the tantrum phase of his life and it is one of the most challenging aspects of parenting for me to handle these tantrums. I have decided that if he isn't going to hurt himself or someone else, I will ignore his tantrums. But it is hard. So very hard. So my quote of the day reflects how I feel that loving my kids means being stern almost as often as it is to be kind and loving. I never thought it would be so hard to say no. Saying yes is easy and saying no is hard, especially when it is something related to Sam's jealousy of Hank. If I am feeding Hank or holding him on my lap, Sam will immediately come rushing over with a book and demand that I read to him. Sometimes I give in if I have given Hank enough love for the time being and sometimes I just have to say no. And it hurts so much to see him pout and walk away dragging his teddy bear and his big book and head to his room because he is mad at me. So that is what is on my mind today. Saying no.

Layout of the Day

I am participating in the 40 Days of Scrapping Purpose at Divine Digitals. Here is one of the layouts I did this weekend:





















2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

C, I love your blog but it is so intimidating! (First baby due Mar 10.) DB

5:06 PM  
Blogger Minerva Huhn said...

I love your blog. thank's for sharing your thoughts with us!

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Receive e-mail alerts when this blog updates!

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best

Cutting through the Blog Smog
Ask.com